Key Learning Objectives
- Identify your current understanding of politics in the workplace.
- Understand the intersection of power, influence and authority.
- Understand how to manage your boss (commonly known as "managing up").
- Learn to employ techniques to influence those in power in your organization and increase your clout.
- Webcast with 30 day access to archived recording for ANYTIME/ANYWHERE viewing
- Slides from the session
- 0.2 CEUs
This virtual class will take place on Wednesday, November 7 from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CENTRAL.
- Member Price $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $115.00
SPECIAL OFFER FOR MEMBERS OF ASSE'S YOUNG PROFESSIONALS COMMON INTEREST GROUP!Members of the Young Professionals CIG can receive this special webcast for just $25! E-mail Krista Sonneson at Ksonneson@asse.org to receive your special coupon code!
Speaker InformationMark Hansen, P.E., CSP, CPE, CPEA, is the Director of Portfolio Environmental and Risk Management for NGP Energy Capital Management, a Private Equity firm in Irving, TX. Mr. Hansen has over thirty years' experience in the field and is a license professional engineer (Texas) and a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) in safety and ergonomics granted by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP). He is a Certified Professional Environmental Auditor granted by the Board of Environmental, Health & Safety Auditor Certifications (BEAC). He is also a Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) granted by the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE). Mr. Hansen has a B.S. in Psychology and a M.S. in Industrial Engineering, specializing in Safety, from Texas A&M University.
He is a Past-President and Fellow of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) and continues to serve as Chairman of the Business of Safety Committee, the Technical and Professional Recognition Committee and a member of the Board Advisory Task Force. Mr. Hansen has authored over 150 technical publications including his most recent book on career development entitled, Climbing the Corporate Ladder-Safely! (May 2011). His other books are titled, "Out of the Box, Skills for Developing Your Own Career Path," (April 2002) and, "Out of the Box, More, Skills for Developing Your Own Career Path," (May 2010).
He received the Edgar-Queeny Monsanto Safety Professional of the Year Award in 1992-1993 and the Culbertson Outstanding Volunteer Service Award in 1991-1992 issued by ASSE.