OSHA 29CFR1910.147 (Control of Hazardous Energy) has always required the generation of equipment specific hazardous energy control procedures. ANSI Z244.1 (Control of Hazardous Energy Lockout/Tagout and Alternative Methods) and NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace) consensus standards have always been the gold standard in energy control procedure generation. They provide guidance on decision making when hazardous energy control procedures are necessary and a chronological sequence for procedure generation and implementation.
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify energy control procedure requirements in accordance to applicable OSHA, ANSI, and NFPA requirements
- Utilize ANSI Z244.1 Decision Matrix for Safeguarding Hazardous Energy risk assessment method for energy control procedure generation
- Apply NFPA 70E personnel protection requirements for shock and arc flash protection during verification of electrical lockout
- Implement a real-life example to generate an energy control procedure
This virtual class will take place on Wednesday, October 24 from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CENTRAL.
- Webcast with 30 day access to archived recording for ANYTIME/ANYWHERE viewing
- Slides from the session
- 0.2 CEUs
- Member Price $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $115.00
Paul A Zoubek, CSP, CIH is nationally recognized consultant in the areas of mechanical and electrical safety. He provides expert advice in the areas of management and engineering control of mechanical and electrical hazards for companies nationwide. He advises companies in the areas of engineering hazard control, written safety program development, and training.
Mr. Zoubek provides services specifically in the areas of electrical safety, machine safeguarding, hazardous energy control program development, auditing, and training, safety engineering, and industrial hygiene.
- Basic Electrical Safety with Application of NFPA 70E (presented at national AIHA conferences 2002-2012 & National ASSE conferences 2005-2012)
- Principles of Machine Safeguarding: Risk Assessment & Control (presented at ASSE SeminarFest 2013)
- Qualified Person Electrical Safety Training (for mechanics & electricians)
- Electrical Safety Program Implementation
- Lockout/Tagout Energy Control Procedure Generation
- Safety program auditing
- Safety program development & implementation
- Personal protective equipment evaluations
- Engineering control of workplace hazards
- Defense contractors
- Aerospace companies
- Utility companies
- Colleges and Universities
- Food processing manufactures
- Chemical companies
- Electronics manufactures