This ON-DEMAND event was originally broadcast live in March of 2011.
Learn fire safety skills pertinent to all safety professionals - with webcasts ranging from evacuation practices and sprinkler systems to understanding the Life Safety Code and Hazard Recognition.
- Maximum flexibility: With the ability to watch all of the sessions ON-DEMAND, this Virtual Symposium is designed with your schedule in mind!
- Supplemental Materials: Access materials such as papers, videos, session slides and more.
- CEUs: Earn 1.6 CEUs
After completing this symposium, attendees will be able to:
- Apply best practices related in NFPA 101 in the design of their own fire safety management programs.
- Identify proper employee actions and safety precautions which should be implemented during an emergency response operation.
- Incorporate techniques for reducing the risk of combustible dust incidents in their work environment.
- Recall provisions stated in NFPA 13 - Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
- Identify the different types of sprinkler systems, how they are designed and arranged in a typical facility and how best to manage additions and changes to their facilities.
- Avoid common electrical hazards in the workplace which may lead to fires and learn about preventative maintenance programs needed to maintain an electrical system in a more fire safe manner.
- Describe the hazards associated with flammable and combustible liquids and evaluate proper methods for safe handling of these liquids.
The NFPA Life Safety Code®-History, Development and Application
- Speaker: Robert Solomon, Manager of the NFPA's Building Fire Protection and Life Safety Group
What Every Safety Professional Needs to Know About Automatic Sprinklers
- Speaker: Jacob Epstein, Associate Consultant, Aon Risk Solutions, Global Risk Consulting, Fire Protection Engineering
The Fire Prevention Plan: Another Type of Hazard Analysis
- Speaker: Gabriel F. Miehl, CSP, CFPS, GE Transportation, Erie, PA Speaker: Gabe Miehl
Predictive Maintenance Integration for Electrical Distribution Safety & Reliability
- Speaker: Dale Smith, CMRP, SMRP, AMP, Roof Asset Management
- Speaker: David Coble, CSP, President, CTJ Safety Associates
Is Your Sprinkler System Giving you a False Sense of Security?
- Speaker: Walter S. Beattie, CSP, CFPS, CSHM, Senior Consulting Engineer - Insurance Services with AXA MATRIX Risk Consultants
Assessing and Managing Combustible Dust Risks
- Speaker: Ron Allen. Adjunct professor at Des Moines Area Community College. Mr. Allen earned an M.S. in Safety Management from West Virginia University and is a Professional Member of ASSE. He is a Certified Safety Professional, Registered Professional Engineer, Certified Professional Environmental Auditor, and a registered Environmental Management Systems auditor.
- Speaker: Bryan Baesel, Senior Account Engineer, CEC Combustion Services Group
- Member Price $145.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $155.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $165.00