Personal injuries - to hands and strains/sprains to back and other areas - account for ongoing costs and lost productivity. These are all too common where people use hand or power tools, assemble, do maintenance, work on machines, lift, load, cut, push, pull, and more. Further, many companies have found that even incorporating good tool and workstation design approaches to reducing these injuries have helped but only to a certain point. And reminders to "pay attention" or "think before you act" is clearly not enough.
These injuries are more connected - in both "cause and cure" - than you might think. What if there were proven ways to place workers in control of their own safety to reduce these injuries? This innovative webinar will discuss proven methods to:
- Craft an approach that simultaneously reduces both hand injuries and soft-tissue problems.
- Strategize organizational approaches to successfully engage workers to actively boost both their hand and soft-tissue safety.
- Focus on Mental action skills for hand safety and for preventing soft-tissue injuries.
- Consider needed Physical skills that prevent and reduce both hand (finger-hand-wrist-arm) and soft-tissue (back-shoulder-neck-knee) injuries.
This virtual class will take place on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CENTRAL.
- Webcast with 30 day access to archived recording for ANYTIME/ANYWHERE viewing
- Slides from the session
- 0.2 CEUs
- Member Price $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $115.00
About the Speaker
Robert Pater writes a quarterly column, "Leading Thoughts", for Professional Safety magazine. He had previously published 5 articles in Professional Safety and 10 in ASSE Practice Specialty newsletters. Robert has presented at over 30 national ASSE conferences.
He also writes a monthly column, "Breakthrough Strategies", in Occupational Health & Safety magazine.
Robert is the creator of the MoveSMART® system for preventing strains/sprains, hand injuries and slips/trips/falls in place in over 60 countries. Clients include: 3M, Alaska Tanker Company, Alcoa, Alliant TechSystems (ATK), American Airlines, American Electric Power, Amtrak, Avon, Bell Helicopter, BHP Billiton, Boeing, BMW, BP, Constellation Wine Company, DuPont, Dynegy, FMI, General Cable, Halliburton Energy Services, Harley-Davidson, Hess Oil, Honda, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson Controls, Kodak, L'oreal, Mead Westvaco, Michelin/BF Goodrich, Miller Brewing, Noble Drilling, Northwest Natural Gas, Panama Canal, Pfizer, Premier Power Ireland, Rock-Tenn, Southern Nuclear, Textron, United Airlines, U.S. Steel, Weyerhaeuser, Xerox and many others.