Safety professionals who think strategically and understand their business environment are best positioned to provide substantive and lasting contributions to their organization. They are better able to proactively mitigate their organization's potential health and safety risks which may have significant impact on workers, financial results, brand, customers, products, processes, physical plant, the environment and the public. This International Safety and Health Webinar provides a high level overview of international issues and trends that may have an impact on the management of workplace health and safety within your organization.
The webinar will include the following learning outcomes:
- Further develop your "Global Fluency" and strategic business perspective on some of the current international legal, regulatory and business trends and issues that may have an impact (current or future) on their management of health and safety within your organization
- Further understanding of your role as a safety professional in chemicals / hazardous substances management as relates to the EU and China environmental regulations that are impacting worker safety and health in organizations throughout the world
- Have a better understanding of how sustainability and corporate social responsibility influences are impacting companies and their supply chains and current transparent reporting expectations for workplace safety and health.
- Get an up to date status on the revision of the AIHS/ANSI Z10 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems standard.
- Learn more about recent ISO consensus standards developments which may have future influence on workplace safety and health management. This includes: ISO 31000 Risk Management and ISO 26000 Social Responsibility.
- Slides from the session
- A link to the recorded version of the session, for later viewing
- 0.2 CEU credits (to receive CEUs, you must also complete the course assessment)
This virtual class will take place on Wednesday, October 20 from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CENTRAL.
Kathy A. Seabrook is president of Global Solutions, Inc. and Global Solutions International (UK) Limited. She has over 25 years of diverse safety and health management experience in both the domestic and international sectors, is a US Certified Safety Professional, UK Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety and received a BS in Chemistry from James Madison University, USA.
Seabrook is an international speaker, management consultant, seminar/workshop presenter, leadership educator, trainer, author, facilitator and strategic planner in the field of Global Environmental, Health and Safety Management. Her clients range from multinational companies seeking to strategically manage their safety and health risks to midsize firms expanding their sales, manufacturing and/or distribution activities beyond their home boarders. Specifically, these clients seek assistance in developing global safety and health strategies, policies, corporate standards, regulatory standards, risk assessments and audit processes as well as with providing leadership workshops and education programs on environmental, safety and health management and UK/ EU health and safety regulations.
Seabrook has conducted presentations on global safety and health issues at the annual conferences of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), National Safety Council, Canadian Society of Safety Engineering, Society of Human Resource Managers, Risk Insurance Management Society and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers/ IMechE, UK. She has also presented papers at the XV World Congress on Safety and Health in Sao Paulo, Brazil and the Annual Institution of Occupational Safety and Health's Annual Conference, Manchester, Cardiff and London, UK.
Seabrook served on the original ANSI Z10 standard committee and is currently on the ASC ANSI Z10 revision committee and OSHAS 18002 Working Party. She has also served two terms on the ASSE Board of Directors, chaired a Taskforce identifying ASSE's Strategic International Initiatives, was the first Chair and was a founding member of the ASSE UK Section and ASSE International Practice Specialty, and has been a member of ASSE's national faculty since 1996. As an author, she has contributed to the body of knowledge on global safety and health management in the books: Essentials of Safety and Health Management, Ted Ferry's Safety and Health Management Planning and the recently published ASSE Safety Professional's Handbook.
Seabrook is a member of the British Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and international member of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering. She is the past Chair and founding member of the ASSE International Practice and UK Section; she serves on the ASSE International Practice Specialty and IOSH International Specialist Group's advisory committees and recently served as the ASSE UN NGO representative to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
For her contributions to international safety, Seabrook received the British Institution of Occupational Safety and Health's Distinguished Service Award; the ASSE International Practice Specialty's Safety Professional of the Year, the ASSE President's Award and the ASSE Charles V. Culberson Outstanding Volunteer Service Award.
- Member Price $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $115.00