During the past several years SH&E professionals have focused significant interest on the issue of "Prevention Through Design". Government agencies such as OSHA and NIOSH have worked on PTD initiatives and it has also been widely reported in the SH&E press.
Now you can join Bruce Main, President of Design Safety Engineering, Inc. as he shares insights on how Prevention Through Design is being implemented in some industries. During the webcast, Bruce will also discuss the new ASSE technical report on Prevention Through Design, as well as share results from the December 2009 workshop on Making Green Jobs Safe: Integrating Occupational Safety & Health into Green and Sustainability.
During this special 90 minute webcast, Mr. Main will:
- Discuss the new ASSE TR on PtD, including its content, purpose and development history
- Share results from the Dec 2009 PtD workshop on Making Green Jobs Safe: Integrating Occupational Safety & Health into Green and Sustainability
- Share insights on how PtD is being implemented in some industries and international standards activities
This virtual class will take place on Wednesday, February 17th from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM central time.
Upon completion of this session you will receive:
- FREE COPY of Prevention through Design: an ASSE Technical Report - TR-Z790.001-2009
- A link to the recorded version of the session, for later viewing
- 0.2 CEU credits (to receive CEUs, you must also complete the course assessment)
About the Speaker
Bruce W. Main, PE, CSP is the president of design safety engineering, inc., an Ann Arbor, Michigan based engineering consulting firm specializing in risk assessment and safety through design. A professional engineer and certified safety professional, Mr. Main holds mechanical engineering degrees from MIT and the University of Michigan, and an MBA also from the University of Michigan.
He is a member of several industry committees on risk assessment and is the Convener (chair) of the international standard ISO 12100 Safety of Machinery. He is also the primary representative to the B11 Committee (machine tool industry) on behalf of the American Society of Safety Engineers. Mr. Main is a member of several professional engineering and safety organizations having authored numerous articles, papers, and books including Risk Assessment: Basics and Benchmarks. He is a frequent lecturer on risk assessment and safety through design to industry and educational institutions.
- Member Price $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $115.00