In early September, OSHA made their final rule revising the personal protective equipment (PPE) sections of its general industry, shipyard employment, long shoring and marine terminals standards concerning requirements for eye-and face-protective devices, and head and foot protection.
This revised final OSHA rule is significant since it changes the citation by reference to also include the 2003 version of the standard along with the 1989 version. This is important because the 2003 version is much more performance-oriented than the 1989 standard. There were also a number of significant changes between these different versions, such as a new risk assessment methodology, different impact resistance ratings, and revised selection criteria. The 2003 standard also recognizes the Bureau of Labor Statistics study that revealed the need for angular protection in addition to frontal protection. This change by OSHA is important for SH&E Professionals since it will now be much more important to perform an adequate risk assessment consistent with the requirements in the 2003 version of the standard.
To learn all about this important standard, join us for a live ASSE webcast. This webcast will be led by Jack Hirschmann, one of the most respected eye and face protection experts today. He represents ASSE on the Z87 Committee and is the founder and CEO of Oberon Corporation. Joining Jack will be Dan Hodge, Corporate Safety Director at Atlas Industrial Holdings. Mr. Hodge is also the representative for Prevent Blindness on the ANSI Z87.1 standard.
DeliverablesAfter registering for this session you will receive:
- FREE Electronic copy of the ANSI/ASSE Z87.1-2003 standard
- FREE Electronic copy of the ANSI Z87.1-1989 standard (for historical reference)
- Slides from the session
- A link to the recorded version of the session, for later viewing
- 0.2 CEU credits (to receive CEUs, you must also complete the course assessment)
This virtual class will take place on Thursday, January 7th from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM central time.
- Member Price $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $115.00
About the PresentersOur speakers will be Dan Hodge and Jack B. Hirschmann Jr. To read more about Jack and the impact of Z87, please review the interview below: