Whatever can you do to get a handle on safety? Specifically, to prevent injuries to fingers, wrists, hands, and arms that are common to many industries, especially where people use hand tools, assemble, work on machines, lift, load, cut, push, pull, and more?
Join Robert Pater, Managing Director of Strategic Safety Associates and Ron Bowles, Director of Operations for SSA/MoveSMART in this exciting LIVE webcast, as they walk you through an innovative approach to hand safety.
During this webcast, you will:
- EXPLORE Mental behavioral skills (recognizing patterns that lead to hand/finger injuries, practical risk awareness to motivate behavioral change, strategic approaches for improving decision-making & judgment, alertness to position for setup and work, attention control skills for hand safety)
- DISCOVER physical actions (such as positional and alignment methods, bracing and others) that have have shown to significantly reduce hand-finger-wrist-arm injuries.
This virtual class will take place on Wednesday, September 23rd from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM central time.
Upon completion of this session you will receive:
- A link to the recorded version of the session, for later viewing
- 0.2 CEU credits (to receive CEUs, you must also complete the course assessment)
About the Presenters
Ron Bowles is Director of Operations for SSA/MoveSMART, with more than twenty years of experience in safety management, training and in creating high-grade behavioral safety interventions. Ron has spearheaded SSA's HandSMART system for boosting hand safety, implemented in oil, manufacturing and other industries with demonstrably positive results.
Ron has previously co-presented an ASSE webinar, "Inspiring Behavioral Change: Beyond Auditing"
and has presented at ASSE national Professional Development Conferences.
Robert Pater is Managing Director of Strategic Safety Associates, and is the creator of the MoveSMART system for prevention of soft tissue injuries, slips/trips/falls and hand injuries that is in place in companies in over 60 countries, in every continent. Robert frequently presents on high-level safety performance and culture at numerous ASSE national as well as corporate conferences. He has published 5 articles in Professional Safety and 10 in ASSE practice specialty newsletters. His monthly column, "Breakthrough Strategies", appears in Occupational Health & Safety magazine. This is Robert's 8th webinar for ASSE.
- Member Price $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
- List Price $115.00