Can’t make it out to beautiful Reno, Nevada to attend the premiere Ergonomics event of the year? Don’t worry. ASSE and the Applied Ergonomics Conference are bringing a portion of the conference to you!
Each session contains two 30 minute live webcasts. During the live webcasts, you’ll be able to listen to the speakers give their presentation, view their slides and even ask them questions.
The two back-to-back sessions in this track will include:
The Ergonomics of Patient Handling
Kent W. Wilson, Safety Program Manager, Hill-Rom
• Identify the patient handling tasks most commonly associated with caregiver injuries
• Prioritize the risk of patient dependency and how to address these variations
• Describe the role of room design in an effective ergonomics program
• List examples of steps that can be taken to reduce injury risk during patient handling
Safe Patient Handling Legislation Update
Lynda Enos, Ergonomist, Nursing Practice Consultant, HumanFit
• Identify states with Safe Patient Handling (SPH) laws and current legislative initiatives
• Identify core components of these state SPH laws
• Discuss effectiveness of SPH initiatives and activities in states with and without SPH legislation
What You’ll Walk Away With:
• Access to the archived recording of the webcast for 30 days.
• Access to the ASSE Virtual Classroom network – an online community allowing SH&E professionals to access session-related materials, share their experiences and network with other professionals.
• 0.1 CEUs
This 60 minute webcast will broadcast live at 10:00am Central/11:00am Eastern on Wednesday, March 25th.
• Member Price $75.00
• AIHA/ACHMM $85.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code for a $10.00 discount: AIHA1911 You may register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code.")
• List Price $95.00