Ergonomics Certification: Goal or Roadmap?
Ask someone how they got into the field of ergonomics and you're likely to get a variety of answers. Ask this person how they prepared, or trained, for the role they now play in the ergonomics efforts at their workplace and you might see some similar answers, but no single path for successful career development. In this webinar, Mr. Brodie, President of the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE), will present a roadmap developed by the BCPE to help individuals understand the education and skills required to become a certified professional ergonomist (CPE). He'll explain how this path can help you build and further develop the expertise needed to successfully practice ergonomics, at whatever level your job requires.
- An understanding of the core competencies required to be a professional ergonomist
- An introduction to the breadth of skills and that can be used to define job requirements and professional development in the area of ergonomics
- A roadmap for continuing education and career development at any level in the field of ergonomics
ALL registered attendees of this event will receive one free electronic copy of the ANSI/ASSE A10-40-2007 (R2013) standard - Reduction of Musculoskeletal Problems in Construction
Plus, all ASSE members who sign up for this event will have the ability to receive complimentary membership into ASSE's Ergonomics Practice Specialty.
- Webcast with 30 day access to archived recording for ANYTIME/ANYWHERE viewing
- Slides from the session
- 0.2 CEUs
- FREE electronic access to the ANSI/ASSE A10.40-2007 standard - Reduction of Musculoskeletal Problems in Construction
- ASSE Ergonomics Practice Specialty Member Price: $25.00 (ASSE Practice Specialty members - when registering online, you must enter the coupon code you received in your e-mail. Register online as an ASSE member and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code".)
- ASSE Member/BCPE Member Price: $45.00 (BCPE members only - when registering online, you must enter the coupon code you received in your e-mail. Register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code".)
- List Price: $65.00
David Brodie, MS, CPE, is a Corporate Ergonomist with Cargill, Inc. Brodie oversees the development and implementation of the corporate ergonomics program for the company, with the goal to significantly reduce ergonomic risk and injury rates to meet global health and safety goals. Brodie, a Certified Professional Ergonomist with a Masters of Science in Kinesiology, has been working in the field of ergonomics for 16 years. Brodie has previously worked as a consultant for corporate clients throughout North America, including work in office, industrial, meat processing, transportation, and healthcare settings. Brodie is currently Administrator of the Ergonomics Practice Specialty within the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), and President of the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE).