Robot safety presents some unique challenges. Workers do not always recognize all the hazards associated with robots. In addition, robots can have "pauses" built into their programming during which time the robot remains idle, then may suddenly move. Workers may perceive it safe to enter the working zone of the robot during this idle time, then be struck or entrapped when the robot starts is activated.
- Attendees of this webinar will learn:
- The hazards associated with robot systems.
- The most common injury scenarios.
- Safety during programming or "teaching".
- Robot system design features that can be implemented to eliminate hazards or reduce the risk.
- The risk assessment methods and information contained in ANSI R15.06 Robot System Safety Requirements will be discussed.
- Webcast with 30 day access to archived recording for ANYTIME/ANYWHERE viewing
- Slides from the session
- 0.2 CEUs
- Member Price: $95.00
- AIHA/ACHMM Price: $105.00 (PLEASE NOTE: When registering online, you must enter the following coupon code AIHA1911 for a $10.00 discount. Register online as a "Non-Member" and enter this coupon code into the field for "Registration Discount Code".)
- List Price: $115.00
John Mroszczyk's professional career spans some 30 years. He has worked for major corporations such as General Electric before founding his own firm, Northeast Consulting Engineers, Inc. His work includes design, safety, and consulting services for major corporations, small companies, architects, insurance companies, building contractors, and the legal profession. He has authored numerous articles on Prevention Through Design and has given presentation on Prevention Through Design and Designing for Construction Safety as ASSE, VPPPA, NSC, and AIHA.