Learn how best to transition your practice to an electronic health record (EHR). Whether you already have an EHR or you are in the selection process, identify the steps you need to take to best meet your practice's requirements and qualify your physicians for the maximum stimulus incentives. Key issues such as creating your EHR team, managing change in your practice, and setting realistic expectations and goals. Lessons learned from the field will also be included.
1. Describe the process of evaluation and selection
2. Discuss "meaningful use", interoperability and HIPAA requirements.
3. Choose and prioritize unique office IT needs.
4. Recommend steps to follow to successfully evaluate the available IT solutions.
5. Illustrate tools to assist with vendor evaluation.
6. Determine how to check references.
7. Compare and contrast the various platforms (cloud, health system provided, standalone, etc.)
8. Identify what form of agreement to use when selecting a system
9. Demonstrate negotiating the agreement
Rosemarie Nelson, MS
Should you have any questions regarding this activity please contact Kathryn Tinney at email@example.com or 312.464.5450
Hardware/Software Requirements to view these webcasts are:
Screen resolution of 800x600 or higher
Web Browser: MS Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc
Browser Plug-in: Adobe Flash Player
PDF Reader: Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher
This internet activity will use streaming video, audio and PowerPoint slides in a multimedia format.