Project management is a life skill, a job skill and a certificated career option. Many industries value certifications such as CAPMTM (Certified Associate in Project Management) and PMPTM (Project Management Professional). Project management should be taught with all project-based learning and as part of every CTE program of study. This Webinar shares the latest in the development of PMforCTE, an initiative connected to one of the newest approved CTE courses in the state of Washington. Beginning with a pilot high school class involving Rotary and local businesses and a state level program advisory committee, PMforCTE is responding to current learning needs driven by industry demand and the importance of 21st-century skills. Stakeholders will share their experiences implementing PMforCTE in a pre-engineering classroom, a summer work training program and a Jobs for America's Graduates program.
- Jim Noeldner, retired CTE Director, North Kitsap School District
- Steve Garfein, RPM Systems Corporation
- Karl Ruff and students, Pre-Engineering, Roosevelt High School, Seattle
- Yvonne Luman, IT Support/CTE, Spokane School District
- Terry Derrig, Jobs for America’s Graduates Coordinator, Renton School District