Content current as of 5/1/2013
This program “What You Need to Know About FORDS: Revised for 2013” has been designed to introduce coding 2013 changes to FORDS, including:
1) Using the new Country codes
2) Moving from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM
3) When a hospital expands by buying medical practices or hiring physicians
This program is designed to introduce coding 2013 changes to FORDS to registry staff.
Experience Level: Intermediate/Experienced
Participants in this webinar will be able to:
1. Participants can apply Appendix E of FORDS: Revised for 2013 to code State and Country
2. Participants can determine which data items to use to record ICD-9-CM Comorbidity and Complications in contrast to ICD-10-CM Secondary Diagnosis.
3. Participants can distinguish care given at their respective program from care given “elsewhere”, as defined in FORDS.
For registration support, please call 1-800-274-9390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to pay by check or register via telephone, please contact our Customer Support Group at 1-800-274-9390.
Jerri Linn Phillips, M.A., C.T.R.
Information, Technology, and Data Standards Section Manager (NCDB)
American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer, National Cancer Data Base
Jerri Linn Phillips is responsible for data quality in the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB) of the Commission on Cancer in the American College of Surgeons. In that capacity, she edits FORDS, provides hospital registrar and central registry training, works with hospital registry software providers, and assists NCDB programmers and analysts with data-handling and interpretation. Jerri Linn has been a CTR since 1988 and has a masters degree in Sociology (research methods).
CE Credit: The National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) has determined that this program 2013-054 supports 0.75 CE hours.